James Cameron: I would post-convert all my legacy titles in 3D

Director James Cameron has disclosed that if cash was no possibility, then he would retrofit all his movies into 3D.

Speaking at the launch of large on 3D Blu-ray, Cameron disclosed that his love for 3D has not modified and would mirthfully convert all his older movies into 3D – sadly it simply does not create economic sense.

Answering a matter place to him by TechRadar, Cameron hinted that we tend to could see a number of his older movies get a 3D makeover – like large – however not all.

"I would post-convert all my legacy titles in 3D, our team is well versed in this now but it really is a term of economics," said Cameron to TechRadar.

"It cost us $18 million to post-convert Titanic, so it really only works if you are going to do a full on re-release in cinemas. Fortunately for Titanic it was a financially successful re-release so it justified the expenditure."

So, would any of his other movies make financial sense in 3D? It seems that we may well see Ahnold in 3D, but that may well be it.

"I don't think we could justify the expenditure for post-converting The Abyss, for example, but we might just be able to justify it for Terminator 2… maybe.

"Fortunately we don't have to do it for Avatar."

Titanic is out now to buy on 3D Blu-ray and will come bundled with upcoming Panasonic home-entertainment systems.

source: techradar.com
You have read this article older with the title James Cameron: I would post-convert all my legacy titles in 3D. You can bookmark this page URL http://angryblackmf.blogspot.com/2012/09/james-cameron-i-would-post-convert-all.html. Thanks!

No comment for "James Cameron: I would post-convert all my legacy titles in 3D"

Post a Comment